still working, a little downhearted

Ah yes... worked pretty hard yesterday on my new ballad... some parts of the music sound quite good, but it sure isn't complete yet. Wish I knew how to do it faster, but it seems to take hours and hours and still not complete. There's a part of me that wants to finish it TODAY... that's really unrealistic. So I am learning to let songs go for a day or two and come back to them with fresh ears.

I am pleased I've grown my list of collaborators again, this new one is especially good because M and I will be trading vocals... I can demo his songs for girls and he can do mine for boys. How cool is that?

And I am downhearted because two songs came back rejected. One is "too abstract" and the other is "too similar" to others. The one that's "too abstract" has been consistently in the TOP TEN on the Soundclick country-pop charts since the end of January - that's 10 weeks or more. I really don't get it.

But I won't give up.

No comments: