whew!! is it Thursday already???

Wow, was I feeling stressed this morning thinking about everything I had on my plate - especially pushing myself to finish this set of recorded vocal exercises & tips prior to the workshop I was to teach tonight. But I said to myself 'you know what, I'm not going to get it finished on time, not the way I want. And all these hand-outs you plan to do are going to take time & paper & toner'. So I set up a page on my site specifically for the folks at the workshop, where they can order the exercise tape, or look at the hand-outs as .pdf's, or link to my website & see my info on voice lessons. Wasn't that intelligent of me?

I was nervous about the workshop (kept thinking all day 'why did I say I would do this') -- but it was okay. I did about 1/2 of warm-ups (breathing, humming, sighing, scales... legato, thinking opposite, a bit about shaping), gave a few pointers & ideas on preparation & performance.

Anyway, I am nearly finished the tape, if anyone orders it, I'll have it done in the next day or two and can run off copies. I'm also feeling scattered in terms of what I need to do next... so here's a list:

- art cards (buy a couple more packs tomorrow)
- bank, pay bills
- design, edit & send proof to DS for his ezine
- Dreaming Love - final mix, post on Mixposure
- the collaborators - lay down female vocals, waiting for the word
- jewelry (make 10 chokers & earrings by end mo)
- mix down LT's song for her
- paperwork, record label & Socan
- folk CD - start completing final mixes
- set up links to my Blog & my ordering page on my website
- write the next article for my ezine
- update manual, client records, back-ups for client
- update schedule & send out weekly email to students
- organize house / grocery shopping / chores
- go over music listings & submit songs
- Sat - jam with guitarist helping me record a song
- work on back-ground for another song I've got a demo singer workin' on
- catch up on calls & emails to friends/family

That's all I can think of for now... have 3 weekends left before I leave for a month, got a lot to do before then!!!! :)

P.S. - I posted a new piece of 'sonic art' / soundscape/ vocal motif, if you care to listen it's at www.artistlaunch.com/vikkiflawith - "Spell of the Witch", got some nice feedback on it so far!

No comments: