uploading a new song

Hi... had a bit of a cold this week, so was dragging myself around a bit. Woke up this morning to find a message on my Soundclick board telling me that Wilted Heart had gotten up to #2 on the Country-pop charts!! Highest yet!!!

Despite feeling under the weather, today I managed to finish off a rough of my newest, called 'Send Me a Man' - hopefully a lighthearted pop/AAA piece. I'd done the vocals last week so I was just fiddling with the rest of it. Am uploading it to SC right now, before I go to bed. I've got a couple more waiting in the wings for me to get a) my voice back, b) the energy, c) the time.

Had a good session with my steady co-writer MK on Wednesday, we nailed down some good lyrics in a rewrite, and decided we'd try to focus on one song each week, as we both feel a bit scattered if we work on a bunch of things at once.

Had planned to go away for a month in the summer but I'm starting to rethink that... maybe just a couple weeks. I don't feel ready to go and I've got so much to do!! But I know I do need to have some time off. Feels hard to go away.

More later, gotta finish this uploading and get to bed!

No comments: