scatter the scatteredness

It is... a time I never thought I'd see. I'm a science fiction buff, but I never thought I'd actually live through a scenario like this. I was talking to someone today about how it feels. We both said we feel like our energy is scattered, that there is an underlying sense of stress and worry about the days to come, with income dwindling and the wherewithal to replace it beyond our ken. Yet, on the other hand. The kindness and compassion of so many people, the spirit of hope and togetherness we've seen is wonderful. People caring for each other, thinking of each other. Those that are well, understanding that it's not about themselves as an individual, but about all those who they meet. For those who are ill... hopefully our social distancing and change to so many facets of our regular life, will assist them.

I end up asking myself what I can do. Call my friends. Zoom chat. Take part in online community events. Reach out to comfort others and thereby feel less alone.

And then there is always my creative work. My singing, practicing playing guitar, working through my orchestral and composition courses, drawing and painting. Just before this all began, I had signed up for a graphics art course, purchased a graphics tablet and Photoshop. I've been starting and stopping. I know the healthy thing is to hunker down and work on creative things. To turn off the news, and Facebook, and go sit in the garden to read. Listen to music and work on Photoshop tutorials. Create music of my own.

In the coming days I hope to use my time wisely and well. I know the key is 'to start'. So I'm starting now by writing a blog.

If you're reading this, I hope you are doing okay. I hope your friends and family are too. If there is one thing we can take away from this is that we are truly a global people, and we are, all in this together. Take care <3

1 comment:

Nina Chatelain said...

Thanks for sharing this. I guess this situation has underlined the positive aspects of social media, such as being able to connect despite the social distancing measures.

There is a cool initiative out of England with free online writing challenges and courses https://writershq.co.uk/coronavirus-lockdown-writing-resources/

Maybe somebody would benefit from one of these.