lazy April Sunday

Yeah, it's been a lazy day. Got my Dad here visiting, he slept in and then had a long bath in my old fashioned tub and we had a late breakfast. Then we went on a huge walk through the neighbourhood with his little dog, looking at the lovely old houses and the budding gardens. Ended up at this little coffee place on the harbour that has an outdoor heater, and we had a hot drink. Then we walked on the docks, looking at the boats & houseboats. Came back to read the paper & now he's asleep on the couch while I'm catching up with things on line.

Didn't do much music at all this week (out of town for a bit), 'cept I have a date to call a music publisher next week and discuss signing more of my cataloque. Was going to do it on Friday but everything was topsy turvy and figured it was best to wait until my brain was actually working.

I have a couple of deadlines coming up in the next two or three days, going to see if I can write some Dramatic Instrumentals with Contemporary Tones and some Contemporary Light Comedic Instrumentals. Also have a couple of Collaborations to work on.

And... there is Script Frenzy. I had done nothing at all but just before I went to bed last night I figured I'd at least try to write a page of my screenplay just to get started. I wrote nearly 2 pages. It feels rather uninspired but at least I got it started.

The next push is to organize my paperwork, do my books, do my taxes, and get that out of the way. And then in May & June I'll be painting, making cards and making jewelry for the summer gallery I do with my sister. I got some cool ideas for paintings on the little trip across the line I just took. I'm anxious to see if I can transfer the visions in my brain onto canvas. Don't know if I can. I tend to be an unplanned painter. I just start, with a colour... and see where it takes me. I have to go down to the art supply store as there are a couple of colours I'd like to add to my kit, and I think I need some new brushes. I'll have to check on my supply of watercolour cards. And I might need some small canvasses.

This week will be a short week - I'm only teaching 4 days - because my Dad will be coming back to stay another couple of days with me. I have 5 new students starting this month, plus one who just started before I went away. I don't have any space left at all and in fact I am a little over my quota, but I figured I'd get people in and started because I always lose one or two through attrition, because they are leaving town, get other jobs, etc. My old teacher in Vancouver taught 50 students a week, I don't know how he did it. If I go much over 25 I feel like it becomes a strain, and that's not what I want. I want to be energetic, awake, alive, fun & thoughtful. Can't do that if you are watching the clock or feel dragged out because you've given so much already.

Still reading Eckhart Tolle's new book, "The New Earth". A lot of it resonates with me and helps me see my own programming a little clearer.

"...whenever there is negativity in you, if you can be aware at that moment that there is something in you that takes pleasure in it or believes it has a useful purpose, you are becoming aware of the ego directly. The moment this happens, your identity has shifted from ego to awareness.... it means awareness is growing."

No comments: