Aquarian creativity at boiling point

I don't know what it is... but I'm burning up with a creative fever.

This past week I wrote several thousand words on the novel I started in NaNo 2004... and tried to continue in NaNo 2006. Now suddenly it's firing me up and luring me to the computer to type away... first thing in the morning, get that. Oh, what's NaNo? National Novel Writing Month - it happens every November, where participants challenge themselves to write 50,000 words in that month.

I have signed up for Fawm 2007. Fawm is February Album Writing Month, where participants challenge themselves to write 14 songs in 28 days... an album... it can be lyrics, songs, instrumentals, anything, as long as you start it in February. I have a theme.... so I'm just waiting for February.

In the meantime, I've been reading the lyrics for one hit song a day... looking at structure and imagery and craft. That's inspired me to write some lyrics of my own... so every day I'm trying to write at least a line or two... or a verse... or a chorus... or a whole song. It's gettin' my creative song-writing muscle in shape for February.

This month I was priviledged to begin working with several new students, and my studio is very full... and I have a waiting list of about 10 or 12.

And I am now in the throes of choosing the computer... the one that's going to properly run my recording software & orchestra program. I'm going Monday to talk to some folks who build systems, to see what they'll quote me for what I want. Hopefully not too much...

Thankfully our freaky weather has calmed for a moment, the white stuff it deposited on the ground has gone... the sun was out today, I bought some daffodils from the store... and I saw a hummingbird in my garden this week.

Other than that, I've been contemplating a new painting... but haven't gone so far as to set up the easel or find my paints.

I've been practicing the guitar - my new country stum, and my new folk pick are coming along.

That's it for now. It's wayyyy too late and I should be in bed. Famous last words!

Ciao.

No comments: