Completed another song...

Just finished mixing down my newest recording. I started working on it at noon today. I'd seen a request for a Christmas carol for a recording artist... so I pulled out a song I'd written a few years back for a gospel workshop I led... and revised it according to everything I've learned over the past few months about songwriting. I came up with a chord progression and a cool beat, wrote out the melody and harmony, and then started recording the tracks. I mixed it down about an hour ago - wow, it sounds pretty good. I think I've finally figured out how to use this recording software - it's the best thing I've done in the 3 days since I got it.

Mind you, it felt a little funny sitting here singing about Christmas when the spring sun is shining through the window. I'll submit it tomorrow - wish me luck!

No comments: