#4 Creative Hack

It's 11:30pm on a Saturday night and I'm writing my blog. 

I've noticed this is my routine now. I fit writing in and around other things. And for once, insomnia is a blessing.

I tend to wake up somewhere between 3:30 am and 4:30 am. Usually, I can't get back to sleep. After feeling frustrated with this, I finally decided, if my brain wants to be awake, let's get it doing something. 

So, I started going to Youtube to watch videos on film scoring, composing, Blender, Photoshop, psychology. Or I'd go into one of the online courses I've taken and review a module.

More recently, I've gotten up, gone to the desktop, and worked. 

I'm amazed at how productive I am so early in the morning. By the time my normal wake-up time of 7:30 am rolls around, I've written or composed or designed something I'm pretty satisfied with. 

Of course, I have the freedom to have a little siesta a bit later in the day.

As a creative person I've always rebelled against rules and routines.

But getting up before the sun is definitely a creative hack I can wholeheartedly embrace.


~~

#3 Creative Hack
#2 Creative Hack
#1 Creative Hack


No comments: