waking up

I often wake in the middle of the night. When I sleep a solid seven hours, it's rare and feels good. But recently instead of lying frustrated wanting to sleep, or watching modules of one of my composing courses, or getting up to do something because might as well... I've taken to listening to all sorts of music on Youtube. I just start and then Youtube has suggestions on the right hand side, which will lead me to something else, and then another. Sometimes I find old favourites or discover new ones. It reminds me of my wish to live a musical life...

It seems to me that I have been living in a shadow world since March 2020 when the lock-down first began. My world was the nice-but-small bedroom-converted-to-studio in my tiny basement apartment. It had one wide-but-short window that looked up into the back garden.

My vision became myopic and my experience of the outside world shriveled down to walks and grocery pick-ups... and the occasional drive.

I only realized this recently when a move prompted me to look out at the horizon, and I realized how dim the light had been.

Here's a cool cover I just discovered... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HrmAgYE-6k&list=RD8HrmAgYE-6k&start_radio=1


[Photo by Isabella and Zsa Fischer on Unsplash]

No comments: