How time flies

I have been writing, and creating... but not blogging. It started with an adult colouring book, with comments and reflections by me, plus empty journal pages for the reader... and that lead to the creation of more. 

Helped by the fact that I know and enjoy design, learning the ropes of publishing my creations was kinda cool. I've sold a few now - no earth-shattering earnings (don't believe the hype on youtube, etc), but the joy of coming up with an idea, shaping it, laying it out, designing a cover - is its own reward.

The bulk of my work until now can be termed 'low content' (empty journals or recipe books) or 'medium content' (books where I provide some reflections or information, the rest is up to the reader). But I am now working on a 'high content' idea or two. 

One is non-fiction, and would be along the same lines as this, my blog, talking about the artistic journey. And I will wade into fiction as well - I have participated in 'NaNoWriMo' several times and have sketched out at least two novels because of it.

In all of this the challenge is to stay motivated, and stay working. There are a hundred distractions, and one thing I know about the creative instinct is that, as soon as you sit down to create something, a myriad of things you never think about (and could care less about), start shouting that they need attention.

If you'd like to look at what I've created so far, the list is here: eps typographics

~

No comments: